The Tourist Association of the Municipality of Višnjan, The Astronomic Society of Višnjan, the Scientific and Educational Centre of Višnjan and the Institute for Agriculture and Tourism organise a manifestation called AstroFest. Those who nurture great affection for the sky and stars, as well as amateur astronomers, have been organising AstroFest for many years now, every 21st June. It is the day of the summer solstice, when the shortest night is marked, specifically for the reason that those nights collide, according to the mythical legends, in the world of realistic and surrealistic, fairies and elves meet each other. A particular sensation is seeing off of the Sun and awaiting the emergence of its first rays accompanied by the sound of drums.
The Tourist Association of the Municipality of Višnjan has recognised this manifestation as a possibility for the creation of a completely new, unique and specific event which can serve as a base for building a brand of a recognisable tourist destination of inland Istria, but also of Croatia in general. The main AstroFest activities are divided over two days, 21st and 22nd June, in two locations: Tican (3 km away from Višnjan) and Starogradski trg P. Budicin (Old town square) in Višnjan.
21st June – Tican – Solstice festival:
· cultural and artistic programme of alternative, spiritual, tribal, New Age music
· sunset observation
· dawn arrival with drums
· dance programmes and plays with fire, jongleurs, street-art entertainers
· New Age show of fashion and jewellery
· rich gastronomic offer
22nd June– Trg P. Budicin Višnjan (Old town square) – 3rd Wine exhibition:
· competition in the quality of wine: choosing the Astrovino, starry wine and the audiences' wine
· exhibition of domestic: olive oil, lavender, honey, biska (ivy brandy), medica
(honey brandy), souvenirs...
· exhibition of paintings, books and telescopes
· cultural and artistic programme